Takamine Forum

It is currently Tue May 18, 2021 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Takamine T-1SBS - First Generation Tak?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:53 pm 

Hello all - Thanks for having me. I'd like to share some pics of my baby. I picked her up while stationed in Japan, and have had the honor of her company for right at 10 years now. Since they didn't start exporting to the US until the 70's, is she the only T-1SBS in America?

The S/N is 35093226 - in accordance with Takamine's serial number conventions, the first two numbers are the build year. In this case Showa 35, or 35th year of the reign of Emperor Hiro Hito, which is 1960. The next three numbers are the build Julian date, 093 = April 2nd. The last numbers reflect the build number. So, the old girl was the 266th T-1SBS built on April 2, 1960.

If anyone has any additional knowledge on the T-1SBS, please feel free to share. I have not been able to find anything on it here in the US.

Post subject: Re: Takamine T-1SBS - First Generation Tak?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:47 pm 

Hi curtnotter and welcome to the forum.

That looks to be in great condition. I think you might be a little bit out with the date of the guitar though.

The way to date Japanese market Taks is... the first two digits are the number of years from 1962 (the year the company was founded) and, the next two are the month of manufacture. So, yours would have been made in September 1997.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:27 pm 

Greetings from Singapore, and welcome to the forum :)

Regards,
Bruno

http://www.youtube.com/glbpro - Guitar and Preamp review videos!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:03 am 

curtnotter wrote:
Hello all - Thanks for having me. I'd like to share some pics of my baby. I picked her up while stationed in Japan, and have had the honor of her company for right at 10 years now. Since they didn't start exporting to the US until the 70's, is she the only T-1SBS in America?

The S/N is 35093226 - in accordance with Takamine's serial number conventions, the first two numbers are the build year. In this case Showa 35, or 35th year of the reign of Emperor Hiro Hito, which is 1960. The next three numbers are the build Julian date, 093 = April 2nd. The last numbers reflect the build number. So, the old girl was the 266th T-1SBS built on April 2, 1960.

If anyone has any additional knowledge on the T-1SBS, please feel free to share. I have not been able to find anything on it here in the US.

This series was not made in Japan, its either China or Korea. These are like the G-series for the Japan domestic Market. Spet 1997 is the correct manufacture date.