Takamine Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Takamine Martin compare
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:58 pm 

The Martin Custom Shop designed this elegant limited-edition model which was inspired by the photography of Wilson A. Bentley - known as the "Ansel Adams" of snowflakes. Bentley is acknowledged as the first person to successfully photograph a single snow crystal in 1885 with a technique known as photomicrography. He was also the first man to state that "no two snowflakes are alike." Martin has been granted exclusive rights to use Bentley’s snowflake images for the creation of unique inlay packages. The package for this first edition includes snowflake inlay on the headplate, fingerboard, heel, pickguard, and bridge. The model also features Madagascar rosewood back and sides paired with a Sitka spruce top, so you can be sure this guitar will sound as amazing as it looks.
Only $15,499.00..

The Takamine EF75M-TT is basically the same guitar of the same woods except for top. No snowflakes, but $11K plus cheaper....See on Reverb....
Don't know the Martin model number...000..etc..

Do you want one? Either one...?

Post subject: Re: Takamine Martin compare
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:48 pm 
Site Admin

Umm ... no, in my opinion the EF75 is not "basically the same guitar". A guitar like the Martin snowflake (and many others) sells to peoples emotions. And when emotions are part of the equation, the whole is not just a sum of the individual parts.

I get what you are saying, that the EF75 (pricey by Tak standards) is a bargain compared to the Martin Snowflake. Yes that is a fact. But the word "bargain" does not exist in the vocabulary of somebody shopping in the Martin Snowflake neighborhood.

I've never spent quite that much for a guitar, but I've been over the 10k mark a couple of times, and those purchases are impossible to justify to anyone other than myself and a small handful of others. Emotion rules and Logic be damned.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:07 pm 

Good point...
I look forward to seeing someone review the Snowflake, and compare the sounds to my EF75M-TT big dollar Takamine.
I'm sure the Martin sounds beautiful, but not in my pay grade.
Of course if Martin wants to give me one I wouldn't turn it down...lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:47 am 

I'm sure the Martin is a nice guitar. So? Many Collings are probably as nice if not better, and a ton of other makes as well. You buy what speaks to you and that is a balance between the heart, eyes and ears. you choose, what flavor ice cream appeals to you today?

Adi/Madi BG; EF75#71; a couple others

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:16 am 

Absolutely...