Takamine Forum

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Takamine 1996 EN-40 for sale (UK only)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:40 pm 

Takamine EN40 - with manufacturers hard case for sale - UK ONLY SALE.

Here's the details from my EBay ad:

The serial number for this EN model is 96070482 which indicates it came out of the workshop on Mount Takamine in July 1996. This model was later discontinued.

Less common (but more desirable!) than the cutaway model, the EN40 feels like a mini-Jumbo and was made during an era when Takamines output and standard of workmanship was very highly rated.

The Cedar top and Mahogany back and sides help give this guitar its full sound and it has a grain that has aged beautifully. Very comfortable to hold whilst sitting or standing with a strap.

Acoustically this has a lovely full sound, but also possesses a nice bite when playing lead. Plugged in, the pre-amp gives a lovely warm tone which sounds great in a decent 'live' sound mix.

The action is set well and its an easy player with no string buzz. This guitar been extremely reliable and I’ve found it to hold its tuning well. Hasn’t had a recent set-up as it plays fine, but probably worth investing in one in future.

There are a few dings and indentations dotted around the front, topside and headstock, all of which add to its character. Also has a split to the binding (refer to photo) and some hand/plectrum wear to the finish beneath the top E string. The Rosewood fingerboard and the frets do show signs of wear, but overall this guitar is in decent condition for a 21 year old guitar. Its been played in - and sounds better for it.

I've had this guitar for many years – and owned plenty of guitars during that time that I've not kept hold of - but this one was always reliable and worth keeping. I am looking to buy a Clapton Strat / Gibson Firebird though, so need the funds for that (or a swap if anyone is interested).

This is a quite rare and wonderful sounding instrument in good condition that I feel will sound even better - and gain value - with age.

The original Takamine hard-case is included, which is extremely sturdy and aside from some edge binding wear/minor tears, is in very good condition.

Newly re-strung with Martin Custom light 11 gauge strings.