Takamine Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: poleeze!!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:50 pm 

Here is my frustration. I was in the market for a takamine and having never had a takamine before I narrowed down my interest to a tak P7D. There was none to be found and NO sound samples anywhere so I searched you tube and still that model is No where to be found. I managed to find a sound sample on you tube played by swon brothers and it was decent on the songs where they definitely played a takamine P7D. Here is my GRIPE!!! I get on the nice web site of takamine US and they show a tab called Artist. They are artist that obviously play takamines. However wouldn't it help to put the artist name and even some of their videos and show which takamine they own. After all they are selling and promoting takamine guitars and not selling the artist. I realize when many people see artist playing a brand of guitar and they are popular a perspective buyer says wow so and so artist has a takamine I think I'll go see one of those. But what about the guy having an interest and the website shows a particular artist with a takamine, why not show the models they play and a video of them doing a stint with a particular model of guitar! That's all folks! My gripe for the day/// :roll:

Post subject: Re: poleeze!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:41 am 

See my suggestion in the "General Discussion" forum topic "Where to try out some Takamines"

EF75 #82
TNV360 S

Post subject: Re: poleeze!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:20 pm 

Hi tak-guy, your comment is spot on, I am just a strummer playing 60`s & 70`s of which I am very passionate about and many people at a gig ask me where I get my gear. I turn up with a Blue Takamine gig bag, Takamine guitars and beautiful straps from Japan, I wear a beautiful Black shirt from "Dickies" with the Takamine logo.
I am a little fanantical about the guitars " Natural series " but so disappointed on what promotional gear Takamine put out.
As i am just an ordinary guy but feel I promote Takamine far more any of the artists that Takamine use and you don`t have to give me a Tak, I buy because I believe in the guitars.
The sales and marketing guys don`t seem that smart.