Takamine Forum

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Gweneth Paltrow as Taylor Swift on SNL
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:02 am 

Gweneth Paltrow was portraying Taylor Swift on SNL and was playing a nice Tak.

Is it just me, or are my artists and performance posts like big foot sightings?

Post subject: Re: Gweneth Paltrow as Taylor Swift on SNL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:29 am 

Are your posts like Bigfoot sightings???

NO!! I actually believe in big foot...... {*!*}

I don't imagine you sat through dancing with the stars last night to see Toby play. I got lucky, I went in the other room and played with my dog until my wife told me it was safe to come watch TV cause Toby was coming on. Got some very nice screen time with the TF250SMCSB and a new EF451DLX.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:26 am 

Perhaps more like chupacabra sightings?

Yeah, I heard Toby Keith was performing on that show last night. How did he do? I assume he played one of his more mellow ballads given the audience. I'll try to catch a replay on Hulu. Toby's great though and a great ambassador for Takamine guitars. In fact, seeing him and Garth play Taks is what set me out to try to find a Tak to play myself. I find it funny when other artists attempt to make fun of Toby as if he betrayed America by playing a, oh no, Japanese guitar. I liked his rebuttal, I play the best guitar for me, I could care less whether it was made in America or not. It's how it sounds and plays. Wise words from the Hillbilly guru.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:15 am 

Toby and the band did great. Totally live performance and he played his first big hit, "Should have been a Cowboy" then later in the show he played "American Soldier"

He left after the show to do another USO show tour in the middle east. The man walks the walk. His stock is very high with me and not just because he plays my stuff. Though I'm very happy and proud that he does.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:06 am 

I heard he did an impromptu set at one of his I Love This Bar and Grills recently too. Just walked in with his Tak and played for the dinner crowd. Supposedly, he bought a round of beers too. That's my kinda guy!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:41 pm 

Toby definitely has my respect , when it comes to his patriotism, because he absolutely walks the walks. I think this is his 11 USO tour. People can give him a hard time all they want about songs like Courtsey of the Red, White, and Blue, but you know where he stands and he don't care who he offends, if he thinks it is right. He is definitly not politically correct, and that is awesome in a day and age when it is hard to find celebrities who will stand up for what they believe, regardless of what critizism may come their way. Regardless of if I agree with him or not on everything, it is refreshing to see someone willing to stand on what they think is right. I'll never forget how he cropped the dixie chicks heads onto a post with Bin Laden and past them out at his concerts, after they critized the president about the war on foreign soil. Regardless of how I felt about the issue, I loved the fact that he was willing to do that, knowing that he would get critized, but he didn't care. The fact that he plays taks, shows he is smart. If he had a taylor up there on stage, I would start to wonder...jk.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:48 pm 

If he played a Taylor we wouldn't be having this conversation, and he wouldn't have dissed the DixChix. etc.....

Adi/Madi BG; EF75#71; a couple others