Takamine Forum

It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: TNV360SC review
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:37 pm 

Here's a review of the TNV360SC from Guitar Aficionado magazine ... http://www.takamine.com/media/news/tnv360sc_review

Post subject: Re: TNV360SC review
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:56 pm 

Thanks for posting - any idea of the date of the review? It's in the latest edition of the magazine but the review refers to the guitar as 'the new pro series TNV360SC' - this guitar has been around for a while now.

One of my friends at church has this guitar and it is really a beautiful instrument. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better instrument for that price, or indeed for double that price.

Regards,

Bruno

http://www.youtube.com/glbpro - Guitar and Preamp review videos!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:27 pm 

+1 on posting the review...all what I have found from my own guitar. I saw it at NAMM, one of two Taks that were 'singing' just from the crowd noise. The other guitar was the Tak Nashville. No other guitars at NAMM (that I found) were that responsive. Told Al the next day to send me one.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:12 pm 

Interesting! I have been trying to find a review on this model for a long time; I should have known to come here. :) Haven't been on forums much that last few years. Stop by here and the Ovation forum now and again just to catch up a little. I see there's still a few users I recognize; nice to see.

I still have my EF 75 and am still in lust of it; what an incredible guitar!!!

Some of you, from the Ovation Fan Club, may recall a Custom Balladeer I sent back to the factory to have rebuilt, in '06. It came back absolutely stunning, but, they replaced the neck with one with a different profile and I could just never make peace with it. I've held onto it 'til now, out of sentimental reasons, thinking maybe I could get past the discomfort, but I finally came to the conclusion that it should be in a home where it will get played and enjoyed.

Long story short, I came upon a TNV360S (full body), about six months ago, at the same store that brought in my EF75 for me, and got GAS like I haven't felt since the EF75!

WOW...what a great guitar!!! I looked it over and played it and determined that it would be a suitable replacement for my beloved Ovation and a fitting compliment to the EF75, if and when I made a decision about the Ovation. But I guess the timing wasn't right, so I put it on the back burner to simmer a bit.

So, spool ahead six months. The salesman who sold me the EF75, is now the manager at that store and we came to terms that were suitable to both of us. He took the Ovation in on trade and now the TNV360S is leaning against my couch with the EF75 beside it. Sweet combo right there! And here I thought I was done buying guitars; who knew?

Anyway, enough of that. Nice to post about a guitar again!

Dave

EF75 #82
TNV360 S

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:12 pm 

Dave,
Sounds like you made a good good trade. Too bad the Ovation didn't turn out as expected but we guitar guys are a fussy lot and if the neck wasn't working that was that. You now own two premo guitars. Enjoy.

As I get older I gas for a specific guitar now and then (case in point Tacky's Martin currently in the for sale section), but at age 62 I'm pretty much satisfied with the instruments I have and I don't play out much anymore so it's hard to justify spending $$$$$$ for a guitar that will get little use.

Have fun,

Blues

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:56 pm 

Thanks, Blues. I'm ecstatic to have been able to make a trade this good. Stuff like this just doesn't happen to me very often! :)

You should know better than to look at any sale item put up by Tacky! His adds are for sure GAS instigators! :)

That is definitely a beautiful Martin and absolutely GAS worthy. :)

Dave

EF75 #82
TNV360 S

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:18 am 

FYI,the review above was from Dec 5, 2012.

EF75 #82
TNV360 S

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:42 pm 

Quote:

I'm not sure when the review was published but definitely before 05/12/2012, I posted the link to it in October :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:28 pm 

TRS61 wrote:
Quote:

I'm not sure when the review was published but definitely before 05/12/2012, I posted the link to it in October :wink:

Weird...I followed the link at the bottom of the review and looked up the review there and it was dated as above. :?

Regardless, it is a wonderful instrument and I appreciate you posting the link.

Dave

EF75 #82
TNV360 S