Takamine Forum

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Takamine Japan
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:44 am 

How can a guitar manufacture make and sell so many guitars and have next to nothing for records about their special order Japan only guitars ? I have been around the horn about my guitar and even had a member here give me an opinion of the value and no disrespect intended I'm not buying it ! Lol ! There is another member on this forum that has a Japan only "Stereo" 1982 Takamine for sale that is not only not a lawsuit model and is not a cutaway either and it is priced for resale at about $1900.00. I have taken this guitar to a certified luthier who appraised this guitar 15 years ago at $2500.00 for "Insurance Purposes" only because he said if anything ever happen to it I would never be able to replace it. The model is an ESF375SC Japan only "Stereo" guitar. For those who are not familiar with the electronics this guitar as 6 separate saddles with 6 separate pickups (1 on each saddle) and the guitar sends out a right and left channel. You are then able to direct what strings you want to come out of what channel. Crazy guitar for doing studio work.

Post subject: Re: Takamine Japan
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:08 pm 

Many of the big guitar companies have terrible records. Mind you probably not as bad as Takamine, but thats also a completely different mindset. Gibson, Fender, each time they changed hands it seems things were lost. As far as I know only Martin has some impeccable records, but thats second hand and not from personal experience. I believe Takamine were more concerned with building a quality instrument, that would last a very long time, instead of record keeping. Most guys that have been around long enough can give you enough info to satisfy what you need except maybe how many were built.

The Takamine electronics have always been amazing, and way ahead of their time. Sorry I couldnt find a picture of the saddle at the moment, but this will give others an idea of what you are talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:20 am 

What is real amazing is the pic you show's a 3B Brownie and I do not know what year yours is. Mine is a 1983 with a 4B Brownie and that was unheard of in 1983 ! Thanks for posting the pics

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:30 am 

How do I post pictures ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:07 pm 

Ron, you need to upload your images somewhere and link to them... viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1466

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:16 pm 

Mine is an 82 and yes, your guitar is a rare beauty. I will put a few up for you Ron.