Takamine Forum

It is currently Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New Member - Hello From Portugal... and EF341SC vs P3DC
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:52 am 

Hello,

first of all thank you for accepting me at the forum! Writing from Portugal - mainly electric guitar player but trying to get back to use the acoustic more often.

Many years ago I had a EF341C that I stupidly sold to finance a Fender Strat - I loved the sound (both unplugged and plugged in) of that guitar and it was my main acoustic for years. When the band I was in ended, I was more into electric and the Takamine was just resting in its case... needed (or wanted!) a Strat, no more money to spare, so...

Anyway, after that I did bought some acoustics (Fender, Taylor, Framus) but none was close to that EF341C sound, feel and playability, at least from my memory.

I want to buy an acoustic for "life", one to keep and cherish and play and I thought of getting a Takamine again. Looked at the EF341SC as an obvious contender but also like the P3DC specs.

I don't have the chance to try it as no store stocks those models here, so I have to order online. Based on your own experience and around the EF341SC price range, which guitar do you recommend? EF341SC? P3DC? Another?

Not the right forum I know but the Gibson G-45 Studio (all solid) with a price tag of 899 EUR, also appealed to me but the Fishman Sonitone pickup doesn't seem to be stage friendly from the reviews I read.

Many thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: New Member - Hello From Portugal... and EF341SC vs P3DC
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:53 am 
Site Admin

EF341SC and P3DC are both nice guitars but will probably sound different due to maple vs saple back and sides. So I would say that it's just a matter of person taste. For plugged in stage work that will probably sound more similar than just acoustically.

If it were me I would have a slight preference for the P3DC just because I like the way it looks.