Takamine Forum

It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Steve Wariner signed from the early 1990's has no serial #
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:02 pm 

I have a signed limited edition Steve Wariner, #154, non-cutaway. But there isn't a serial number anywhere. The original owner is long gone, or I would ask him. Did these early ones just not get assigned a serial number? On the inside of the top (I had to practically stand on my head inside the guitar to see it) is stamped "Mar 27 1991", but that probably only indicates when the actual top was made. Would there be a record anywhere of the numbered editions and their serial numbers? The USA company that handles Takamine now doesn't have records that far back.

I am mainly curious and want to know as much as possible about this guitar's history. Also, does anyone know how many signed ones were made each year. (In other words, mine is #154 out of how many?)

Thanks for any advice and thoughts/ideas.

Post subject: Re: Steve Wariner signed from the early 1990's has no serial
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:30 pm 

Well, aside being very cool , they made 500. Not 500 per year, 500. As far as a serial, good question. I have #186 but cant recall the serial number or not. Will check tomorrow. History ? Takamine signed Steve as their first North American artist guitar. Pretty sure that was Pauls doing. They started making them. Yours is #154 and I would love pics for my SW records. Who it was sold to, where it went from there, are definitely NOT records Takamine would keep.

Play the guitar, love it, or sell it to me cheap so I can have 2 of them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:14 am 

Who is Paul?

Adi/Madi BG; EF75#71; a couple others

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:33 pm 

Paul Damiano.

Sr Vp sales and marketing. Did I get the name wrong ?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:40 am 

Hey, thanks for the responses. That's good news that there were only 500 signed guitars, and not 500 per year. Makes it a little more special. As for pictures, I am not sure if a newbie like me can attach pictures yet, since I haven't earned my stripes on the forum. I will take some pictures and try to send them in a while.

In the meantime, I am certainly enjoying playing it and don't plan to sell it any time soon :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:35 am 

That's who Paul was/is but he had nothing to do with signing Steve. It was the artist relations person and I'm not sure exactly who that was. Could have been our Nashville Salesman, Don Waylett.

Adi/Madi BG; EF75#71; a couple others

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:26 pm 

David Vincent came in, 1988 I think. Artist relations sometime later. I could be wrong but I think they said it was Paul that pushed for a signature. May not have been the one that signed him, but when I heard the story, he was the one given the credit. You'd know better than me and my memory is slipping badly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:53 pm 

GRETSCH has a Steve Wariner signtature model, G6120T-SW Nashville® Gentleman, very nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auXfuY21RKw

Homebuilt Telecaster Mahogany/Maple
Homebuilt Precision Bass (double cutaway tele body) Mahogany/Maple
GRETSCH G5422G 12-string 2019 Maple

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:43 pm 

justme1951 wrote:
I have a signed limited edition Steve Wariner, #154, non-cutaway. But there isn't a serial number anywhere. The original owner is long gone, or I would ask him. Did these early ones just not get assigned a serial number? On the inside of the top (I had to practically stand on my head inside the guitar to see it) is stamped "Mar 27 1991", but that probably only indicates when the actual top was made. Would there be a record anywhere of the numbered editions and their serial numbers? The USA company that handles Takamine now doesn't have records that far back.

I am mainly curious and want to know as much as possible about this guitar's history. Also, does anyone know how many signed ones were made each year. (In other words, mine is #154 out of how many?)

Thanks for any advice and thoughts/ideas.

Hello, Just joined this forum and saw your post about your guitar. I know your post is a few months old but if you ever decide you want to part with your Steve Wariner Takamine I'd be interested. I've been looking for one of the Steve Wariner non-cutaway models for a while. That is one of the main reasons I joined this site, hoping somebody here might know of one for sale.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:55 pm 

tonygio wrote:

Hello, Just joined this forum and saw your post about your guitar. I know your post is a few months old but if you ever decide you want to part with your Steve Wariner Takamine I'd be interested. I've been looking for one of the Steve Wariner non-cutaway models for a while. That is one of the main reasons I joined this site, hoping somebody here might know of one for sale.

There may be one coming up in the Takamine Facebook group soon Tony.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:25 pm 

TheFatguy wrote:
tonygio wrote:

There may be one coming up in the Takamine Facebook group soon Tony.

Thanks, I'll start checking there. I didn't know there was a Takamine Facebook group. I appreciate the info.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:00 pm 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TakamineGuitars/