Takamine Forum

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: EF75M TT
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:49 pm 

Thanks. I cant take much credit for it. My wife let me buy it and I paid the bill. Takamine did the rest. I know a few guys here have the original 75, and hold onto them fiercely. Maybe one day I will have one, but until then I tell anyone with the means, to grab up one of the new 75's. With only 12-16 more made than the originals, they wont last long.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:18 pm 

TheFatguy wrote:
I love the sound, the projection and the looks. The links from photobucket are crap and the ones from Sweetwater sre coming up dead links. You saw mine on FB ? I would love to see yours if you get a chance. I know David got his from Sweetwater as well. They really do an excellent job of photographing the guitars they send out. When I get a chance I want to compare the 75 with my Takamine Hummingbird and my wifes Takamine 010. I am not however, very adept at recording so it will more than likely come out sounding like a low end G series.

Sweetwater only keeps the pics on their server for 90 days post sale. I see the links I posted are dead now but I uploaded them to my own server so I'll repost them since I couldn't edit my earlier post.

Here you go :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:32 pm 

Couldn't get the next set to work, I'll have to downsize them

Last edited by Guitpicky on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:34 pm 

Wow that is darker. Look at those beautiful lines/grain. Whats so crazy is the serial number. I know they didnt want to number them like the original series because dealers were scrambling for certain numbers. This time I swear they made X amount all in a row because you, Elvin and I are so close. Mine is 83. Elvin, and I may be wrong is 80 and yours looks like 86. My word, I am so taken with these guitars. Wish I was allowed to have two.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:07 pm 

TheFatguy wrote:
Wow that is darker. Look at those beautiful lines/grain. Whats so crazy is the serial number. I know they didnt want to number them like the original series because dealers were scrambling for certain numbers. This time I swear they made X amount all in a row because you, Elvin and I are so close. Mine is 83. Elvin, and I may be wrong is 80 and yours looks like 86. My word, I am so taken with these guitars. Wish I was allowed to have two.

Yes mine is 54070086 and looks like all three were made in July 2016. I'm pretty sure 80 was from Sweetwater too, can't remember if it was the one they sold right before or right after mine tho. The latest one on Sweetwater is 54080212. If I understand correctly that means yours was the 83rd guitar made in July 2016, mine was the 86th and the new one at Sweetwater is the 212th guitar made in August 2016. It's probable that yours, Elvin's and mine all rolled off the line on the same day. Must have been a good day.

I'm just glad I was able to get one, two and I'd have to be shot or institutionalized :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:01 pm 

A very good day indeed. Yes Elvin and I were just chatting and he mentioned the one at Sweetwater. There are not that many left for North America unless Tom can get his hands on them. As far as being shot or neutered, I agree. Since we dont have a gun in the house, I am afraid it would have been the other. I tell you, if some poor guy puts one for sale cheap, I will risk the castration.

Are you a member of the FB group ? Pretty sure thats what I asked you before because I am taking notes , or trying to, to see how many members bought the 75 so far. 5 in the group with a 6th waiting for some reason.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:12 am 

TheFatguy wrote:
A very good day indeed. Yes Elvin and I were just chatting and he mentioned the one at Sweetwater. There are not that many left for North America unless Tom can get his hands on them. As far as being shot or neutered, I agree. Since we dont have a gun in the house, I am afraid it would have been the other. I tell you, if some poor guy puts one for sale cheap, I will risk the castration.

Are you a member of the FB group ? Pretty sure thats what I asked you before because I am taking notes , or trying to, to see how many members bought the 75 so far. 5 in the group with a 6th waiting for some reason.

I'm not a member of your FB group but in doing a search for pics of other EF75M-TTs I landed on the page. I was able to read the discussions and browse pics without having to join FB. Explaining why I'm not on Facebook would be a very lengthy discussion and way outside the scope of this forum. Suffice to say it has to do with the work I'm involved in with advanced A.I. and maintaining objectivity.

I also like this little forum here and personally believe this is where the new EF75 owners thread should be. Partly to carry on a tradition and in part because it's accessible to everyone. I'd hate to see it killed by FB or any other corporate entity. I like the smallness of it... feels nice and cozy :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:36 am 

That I can totally understand.